The statistics are in and they are STAGGERING. Our algorithms favor video and so do our audiences. If you don’t have video worked into your content strategy, I’d strongly suggest making changes.
Here are some really useful stats, from Social Media Today, that share why you need to be doing more video in 2018:
- At this rate, online videos will account for 80% of online traffic by 2020.
- Over 8 billion videos and 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook alone every day.
- Video views on Twitter grew 220X in one year.
- Videos receive an average of 135% more organic reach than a photo.
- 80% of Lifestream’s survey respondents would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog.
Tips for improving your videos:
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement… so keep an eye on any rambling.
- 45% of people watch the first 30 seconds of a video before switching to something else. So make sure you share how they’ll benefit from watching your full video right at the beginning!
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. So make sure to include some captions or create some video campaigns that don’t require sound (the resource below will help)!
- Go LIVE! Social media users comment 10X more on live videos than they do on regular videos. Also, the algorithm favors LIVE videos because they get more engagement which tells the algorithm that your page is relevant. Boom!
If you know in your heart of hearts you’re not getting on video anytime soon (“I just feel uncomfortable on video!” “Ugh, I hate doing my makeup… no way.” “Video? Me? I’m camera shy…”), but you want to take advantage of the fact that video seem to be where it’s at, you will LOVE this resource. I’m currently designing a social media campaign with this site and it is so easy and fun. Recommended!
Learn about PROMO here.
ALSO! Check out my girl, Arriane Alexander! She’s got an easy-peasy downloadable PDF to walk you through key steps for building confidence on video so you can grow your community and your business, plus tons of ways to work with her one on one!
Download her 9 steps to video here.